“Paine College is a private institution steeped in the tenets of Methodism that provides a liberal arts education of the highest quality. The College emphasizes academic excellence, ethical and spiritual values, social responsibility, and personal development to prepare spiritually-centered men and women for positions of leadership and service.”
Paine College Mission Statement
Paine College Mission Statement is reflective of the nature and purpose of the institution as a church-related liberal arts institution providing a high caliber education. The Mission Statement reflects the founding goals of the college and it is comprehensive in establishing the institution as grounded in Methodism and providing a basis for the institution’s operational foci. The statement is current as it is periodically reviewed, evaluated and approved by the governing body with appropriate input from its various constituencies. The Mission also firmly ties the College to its Biblical Foundation Statement.
Paine College is a private institution steeped in the tenets of Methodism that provides a liberal arts education of the highest quality. The College emphasizes academic excellence, ethical and spiritual values, social responsibility, and personal development to prepare spiritually-centered men and women for positions of leadership and service.
Over the next five years, Paine College shall build on its achievements and legacy to be regionally recognized as a premier liberal arts institution of higher education.
College Institutional Objectives
December 12, 2007 Last revised and reviewed June 11, 2018
- To maintain high academic standards by fostering excellence in scholarship and a commitment to teaching of high quality.
- To stimulate students to develop the spirit of inquiry and enhance their ability to think critically to be productive self-sufficient citizens.
- To provide special educational opportunities in the basic skills which are essential for collegiate achievement.
- To educate students in the use of emerging technologies, problem-solving, and expanding the horizon of knowledge.
- To foster an understanding and appreciation of the Black heritage, its contribution to contemporary American culture, and its relationship with other people.
- To develop Christian character, to promote commitment to moral and spiritual values, and to cultivate understanding of and respect for other religious traditions.
- To manage prudently and responsibly the human and fiscal resources essential for providing the atmosphere of academic excellence.
- To maintain strong ties and interaction with the Augusta community regarding mutually beneficial educational and cultural goals.
- To foster a commitment to Paine College by developing an appreciation of its worth and contributing to its support and uplift.
- To prepare students to compete as professionals in the global community.